Powder Metallurgy Structural Parts
In general, the density of the pre-alloyed powder (AB powder) exceeds 6.95, and the quenching hardness can be controlled around HRC35.
High prealloyed powders with density greater than 6.95 and quenching hardness controlled at HRC40.
Powder metallurgy products made of the above materials have stable density and material, and the hardness after heat treatment meets the corresponding requirements, so their tensile strength and compressive strength will reach a better peak.
However, because the density of PM products is not as high as that of No. 45 steel, the highest density of PM pressing parts is usually 7.2 g/cm, while the density of No. 45 steel is 7.9 g/cm.Forced carburizing of powder metallurgy or high frequency heat treatment exceeding HRC45 will make the powder metallurgy products brittle due to high quenching, resulting in the strength of the powder metallurgy products.
1. High material utilization rate, up to more than 95%
2. No or only a little cutting is required
3. Good dimensional consistency of parts, good stability and high precision.
4. Strength comparison: professional powder metallurgy manufacturers have optimized the powder metallurgy mold design, and the tensile strength and compressive strength of the gear produced are close to that of the hobbing gear.For example, the driven gear of the automobile gearbox with high transmission intensity is also powder metallurgy gear.Visible, powder metallurgy gear is practical and extensive.
5. Powder pressing molding using mold molding, can produce other cutting hobbing technology can not produce complex shapes.
6. Because it is suitable for mass production, the production efficiency is high and the cost is lower than cutting.